Untitled

Untitled

By Khadhafi

I'm trying with all my might
to do right.
But my mind takes a flight
on a trip somewhere better.
But I can't see,
'cause it's darker than the coldest nights.
I can't do right,
even though I try.
I want to excel,
but I'm only capable of just getting by.
Why?

Why?
why must I cry?
Is it cuz I'm a bitch inside?
Or 'cause I don't understand my existence?

So take me away
far,
far away.
Where there aren't any adults around.
Somewhere kids are at play.
Somewhere where parents can't say,
"Hey, stop that boy! You're doing it wrong. Do it my way!"
But, I already have a way.
The only way, new,
not the ONLY way.
but this way,
MY WAY,
feels, let's say,
peaceful.
As peaceful as lofi hip-hop.
College awaits me.
Oh, how I can't wait to kick rocks
as say, "Goodbye quarantine!"
But maybe,
the only place I fit in
is when I'm hidden.

Maybe it's because I'm scared.
A noose around my neck,
with my legs wobbling on the chair.
A leap is all it takes t set me free.
Free from being me.
I really hope my pain stop.
Like the raindrops
stop pouring on a summer day.
Looking back on my mistakes
thinking, damn
I wish there was another way.

And, now I feel some type of way.
Feel like Jahmiyr is leaving,
and there's a demon here to take his place.
I tried to grab  Jahmiyr's hand,
but the blood made it slip away.
And to answer your question,
No, I am not Ok.



follow on Instagram @mshairi.nangu

Comments

Popular Posts